It started with a small group of people more than 100 years ago. In December 1906, a group of 14 people met in a building on Central Avenue where Crowell Cleaners and Pierce's Grocery used to be. The meeting was led by Dr. E.P.J. Garrott, pastor of First Baptist Church, for the purpose of looking into sponsoring a mission church in west Batesville.
First Baptist agreed to invest $50 which would pay the first month's rent, buy 84 chairs and most importantly purchase wallpaper necessary to insulate the building. First Baptist sponsored this mission until February 16, 1909.
Since that time there have been many building projects, programming, and pastors and church members. We proudly build on the missional focus of those original members in 1909. Today we continue proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ as a light to Batesville as well as the nations of the world. Our message and our mission to make disciples is the same foundational message and mission that Jesus Christ gave in Matthew 28:18-20. We eagerly await the coming of King Jesus as we work diligently to make Him known by living transformed lives together.